g

I heard you cried last night.
mood like a pendulum.
hates to see dust.
shut up if you think you're cute.
pick up a book, moron!

here&now

books. quotes.

rewind
♥ April 2008
♥ May 2008
♥ June 2008
♥ July 2008
♥ August 2008
♥ September 2008
♥ October 2008
♥ November 2008
♥ December 2008
♥ January 2009
♥ February 2009
♥ March 2009
♥ April 2009
♥ May 2009
♥ June 2009
♥ July 2009
♥ August 2009
♥ September 2009
♥ October 2009
♥ November 2009
♥ December 2009
♥ January 2010
credits
iconsmakersonLJcommunities.
blogskinmakeronblogskins.com.
picturescontributorsonLJcommunities.


title: Female Peter Pan
date: Monday, October 12, 2009
time:01:47

松岡英明, the original composer and lyricst to KISS KISS, arranged the song in a very pop manner. Somehow, I just dont like his voice and the background music.

Maybe, you will like Taru's rendition as much as I do. It's on repeat mode these days. 

To those who dont know Taru, let me *shakes head* give you a short introduction.

If you have watched Coffee Prince (korean drama), then you know her. She sung the opening theme of the drama as part of a non-existing duo, The Melody. The Melody received critics' love and commercial love after the use of their songs in dramas but they went on separate ways after their debut album. Pretty wasted! They are the sweet indie version of The Wreckers, to me at least.

When Taru released her solo effort, a mini album, I was a tad disappointed with the heavy electronic sound. Thankfully, there were a couple of tracks which sounded like the works of the Melody. Recently, her debut album was released and I'm loving the soft sound accompanied by her sweet and endearing vocals. 

For indie albums, I cant point out my favourite song(s) but for pop cds, it is easy. For indie music, I usually listen to the whole album and rate in based on its overall listenability, however, for pop albums, I usually dont like every track so it's tough for me to listen to tracks I dislike more than twice. 

I guess it's norm for indie singers to collaborate with fellow label mates since they are just musicians, unlike idols who play multi-roles such as acting, MC-ing, DJ-ing. Check her out with No Reply, another wonderful korean indie-rock group. Also, featured on Epik High's last record before starting MaptheSoul, 1 Minute 1 Second.

You got to love this performance which features Yozoh, Taru and Hee Han Jung. It is epic for me! 3 of my favourite indie singers performing together. :DDDDDDDD

If you have time, you can youtube-search Taru (타루) for more of her songs. 

Labels:



top